Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Je T'aime: Jason Wu for Target

My countdown until February 5th is officially on. Why, you ask? Because that is the day Jason Wu's first collaboration with a mass retailer, Target, hits stores. Thank you Target!

I am dying to get my hands on everything I have seen from Wu's collection for Target, which is reminiscent of his main collections (with feminine details like touches of lace) but with a fresh new inspiration.

Wu said of the very wearable and completely accessible pieces, "My goal was not to duplicate anything from my main collection, instead I designed completely new clothes and accessories that reflect my taste and have a voice of their own."

What, may you ask, was his inspiration? "French new-wave films. I wanted the collection to have a sophisticated voice with an American sportswear spin." Also, let's not forget the collection's muse, Milu the mischievous kitten, who appears in the collection's print ads as well as on a scarf and a tee.

With mod pleated skirts and sailor-striped pleated frocks, delicate blouses detailed with neckties, collars, and embellished bows, sporty knits and tennis skirts, and delightful canvas satchels and printed bags all costing between $19.99 and $59.99, how could you say no?

Harper's Bazaar released the first image of the collection with this sketch:


This pleated sherbet-colored stripped dress is extra lovely with the black collar and bow. We also get a glimpse of Milu (the kitten) who is wrecking playful havoc with spools of ribbon next to the canvas satchel that is also part of the collection.


Here we get a better look at the canvas bag seen in the print ad above. We also get a preview of a cotton navy minidress that is perfected with the addition of stripes and buttons. 


I like this printed, collared dress but I really love the box-shaped patterned handbag. I adore the pattern, the two shades of blue, and the gold buckle. 


This is my favorite dress of the collection to far because I love the floral print, the fitted waist, the sheer top of the dress, and the flowy movement of the skirt. 


A closeup of Milu and the box-shaped patterned handbag seen two images above:


Take a peak at this short video to learn more about Jason Wu for Target:


Here's to hoping that Wu's collection doesn't crash Target's website (à la Missoni) so that we can get our hands on the playful designs. 

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/, http://www.glamour.com/, http://www.luckymag.com/blogs/, http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/, http://www.thebudgetbabe.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...