Saturday, September 1, 2012

Porthole: Whitney Port's Marina Digs

Have you ever wondered what Whitney Port is up to post The Hills/The City? Well if you are like me then you keep up with her work and style but, just in case you don't, here is a peak inside her Marina Del Rey world.






How would you describe your personal style and does it ever change from city to city?
"It's a mix of feminine and masculine, print heavy, casual, and textural. When I'm in New York City, it's a little grittier, darker, and chic. When I'm in London, it’s a bit funkier and edgier, and when I'm in L.A. it's more casual and comfortable."

When shopping for clothes, what immediately catches your eye?
"Bright colors, interesting prints, chunky knits, and sequins!"

What are some essential pieces every girl should have in her wardrobe?
"A leather moto-jacket, white men's collared button-down, cute frilly socks for accessorizing, and pointy flats." 

Who are your style icons?
"Princess Diana, Katherine Hepburn; and now I love Diane Kruger, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Abby Kershaw."

If you could go back in time, would you do The Hills and The City again?
"Definitely. Though it's caused people to have preconceived notions of me and altered my sense of privacy, it has given me the exposure and the means to have my clothing line, which is exactly what I wanted it to do."

What are your tips for putting together a noteworthy ensemble?
"Step out of your comfort zone, feel sexy, plan ahead, and embrace your personal style."

What motivates you to succeed?
"My love for what I do, and the feeling I get when witnessing someone feel confident and sexy when wearing my clothes."

To read the rest of Whitney's interview head on over here. Thanks Allison for sending me this link!

http://www.refinery29.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...